Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Owen the leper

Yesterday I had the first little heartbreak for Owen. We went to Chick-fil-a to enjoy the free chicken sandwiches and to let Owen play on the play ground. Owen was so excited to play it was a challenge to get him to finish his sandwich. We he was finally done he ran into the play room and Eli and I followed. Owen was having a blast climbing and coming down the slide. Then these two kids (girl and boy about 6 and 4 respectively) came down the slide and said "Hurry hide he is coming", I was curious who the were running from..oh yeah my son, Owen. I was kinda hurt by that and wondered what he had done. He was seeming to be in a good mood and was just chasing him, so I chalked it up to him being 3 and they were "to cool" for him. Then the little boy left and the girl found a new friend about the same age and they continued to hide from Owen. Soon Owen comes down and comes to me and says "I pooped". First I am shocked because we haven't had a poop accident in a long time and Secondly it crosses my mind, were they running from the stinky three year old? Hmm.. the debate is there and for his sake I hope they were running from the stinky boy and not the 3-year old.