Saturday, August 1, 2009

Skid Marks...

We all get them in our underpants but with newly trained little boys they are around all the time. The other day I brought a pair of underpants home from day care that were quite dirty due to the challenge of learning to wipe. The today was the most interesting incident, Owen was getting ready to go to the pool and we had him go potty before we got him dressed. So he ran upstairs and went. He came down sat on the floor and put on his swim trunks, when he stood up I noticed a little brown stain. I was curious what that might be and then it dawned on me that he might have gone No. 2 upstairs. I asked him "Owen did you go poop?" He said emphatically "Yes". Andy then came down stairs I said look what is on the floor.. he asked "What is that?" I said it is the left over of a poor wipe job. Needless to say there are a few actions on my part 1) steam clean the carpet, 2) buy the wet flushable wipes and 3) figure out how to teach a 3 year boy to wipe. Note: When I steam cleaned the carpet, it took 4 passes for it all to come up.